1/23 I have been having weird dreams every night. Wednesday night I dreamed that my friends here went on an adventure, but I don’t remember where to. Only that we somehow ended up at my high school class reunion and only Katie remained with me, but that instead of seeing all my friends from high school I was greeted by people I didn’t recall only to after much confusion realizing that I did indeed vaguely know these people. However, most were only briefly my elementary school classmates. Then Thursday night I dreamed that Mom&Dad threw me a huge Birthday party in a castle (I think we owned it). There was a lot of food (actually in both dreams, something that Katie laughs at) at this party, but there were really long lines. There were also hundreds of people, but I didn’t really know most. The best part was that I was exploring with Micah and I found this note trail, which I realized was a random man proposing to his girlfriend…and I decided to follow it (much to his surprise). So if anyone can decipher meaning from those..be my guest.
Moving on, I woke up this morning and headed with Daniel to the tube station for Plenary at the London Institute of Contemporary Christianity. It’s excessively busy in the mornings though, and I ended up being alone on the train and that was an interesting experience. I just waited for him at our destined spot, and we successfully navigated our way through the streets to the church! I felt very accomplished. J The plenary session was dedicated to discussing literature mostly (Plato and Aristophanes), and we ended early for chapel. I’ve missed chapel, and it was nice to hear our London musicians (Katie sang) lead worship.
Alas, the briefly structured relief was over too quickly, and we all hurried back to our daunting duties at the Hibury Centre. I spent the entirety of my second day devoted to Greece and Rome and their methods of balancing individual and state needs. It’s astonishing how much stuff there is to synthesize in such a short period of time. I don’t want to look at Plato again for the entirety of this semester. The key to success truly is though, moving frequently to avoid dozing or zoning. Also frequent stretch breaks are much appreciated. We had story time (we do every week night at 10 across the hall in our TA’s room) and afterwards they laughed and noted that there was definitely a paper due soon because nobody moved when the chapter of Holes was finished. Katie and I soon took leave, and then took refuge in a quieter setting, David’s room, away from our procrastinating neighbors. It’s amazing how many things are funny at 12…1am when you’re paper writing together, but despite our frequent, more frequent as time went on, laughter I was very productive. And actually wrote about a page (of five) before going to bed close to 2.
Well, What are we waiting for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment