1/28 Wednesday, Wednesday, it really doesn’t feel like a Wednesday. Time flies, which is unfortunate. Let’s see I started out with a colloquy with Dr. Stewart. In my opinion it could have been more engaging. We went over a lot of basics in the book of Luke, that I felt were common knowledge to the majority of us because we had all studied the gospels (and most other Biblical books) last semester in Bible Literature. However, it was at least good practice in finding concrete examples in the text, which was a big theme for this week. Other than that I wish we had gone more in depth in the books of Acts and Romans.
After colloquy it was time for Augustine’s confessions. I really liked his book, and it brought up many interesting points in eloquent style. However, while I was reading my mind kept going in several different directions, and I found myself focusing on things back home, my plans for the summer, and next semester. At that point I decided it was time to quit, and so I took my first nap in London and it was glorious. Actually, I couldn’t fall asleep for a long time, but I finally did and slept until lunch, which felt very refreshing!
At lunch we endured the second day in a row of music discussions, meaning that Lizzy and Eri engaged David in a musical discussion while he had a jar of peanut butter in hand…..meaning that we eventually just took the jar from him, made, and consumed our sandwiches while he was awed over the concert possibilities. As a result of these intriguing deals we all ventured out after lunch to obtain these tickets. We made a group of 11, and we went for tickets to see Joshua Bell on March 24th. The funniest thing about this venture was that once we got the tickets I discovered that he’s playing with none other than the Minnesota Orchestra!!! How random is that?? I’m going to go see my own orchestra in London, and Sophie’s parents! Awesomeness! J
After ticket buying we went back and read the gloriously written Augustine. Then was dinner, and I taught my friends to play Rook. I discovered that A. it’s difficult to communicate with your partner unless you’re both on the same page and B. 4 intelligent competitive people take a strategy oriented game very seriously. Regardless, it was very relaxing and engaging to play a well-thought out game for the evening without worrying about the paper coming the next day.
Well, What are we waiting for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment