1. I have always been an avid reader. Since I learned how to read as a young child I have read everything that I could get my hands on. I enjoy reading literature of all different types; novels, comic strips, short stories, biographies, coloring books, newspapers, plays, and other various pieces of writing that I can expose myself too. Likewise I enjoy writing in various forms. Although I prefer persuasive or informative essays, I also write poetry on occassion as well as an occasional narrative. I don't really write as a chosen activity (I would much prefer to read), but on occassion I pick up a pen and paper to write in a journal when I am bored or feel the need to sort through thoughts. I don't really have a particular topic or particular topics that I enjoy writing about. Basically I just write whatever comes to mind while my pen is in hand.
2. I once had a very good friend
She thought that my bicycle needed a mend
So she decided to put air into my tires
despite my very verbal opposite desires
and after a few too many pumps of air
a loud pop gave us both quite a scare.
it took my pink bicycle out of comission
and put it in a sad, poor, unridable condition.
the nearly next day as we traveled about
our destination took us on fairly long route
for the kiddie pool was a long ways away
and our trip covered the whole course of the day.
To get to pool she and her brother rode bikes
and i was stuck on an old and small, unwanted trike
i determinedly decided that it was not very fair
but nobody else (mainly the two of them) seemed to care
that my knees scraped continously against the handles
and on that the ground dragged my ever fraying sandals.
but despite my difficult transportation trials
the day at the pool was full of laughter and smiles
memories were made and good times by all were had
and to this very day me and my friend are still good comrads.
Well, What are we waiting for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sweet poem. Is that a true story? Anyway, I think that you should bring some more action to it and make it longer, like The Odyssey. That would be awesome... Anyway, I like that even though the bike is broken, you still had fun and didn't let it ruin your day.
Haha Nice poem/story was that Michon by chance? It sounds like something she'd do.... She does have her blonde moments. Hmmm You have read every thing you could get your hands on? Did you by chance read the box car children books or babysitter club? Those were my favorite.
nice rhyming skills, their pretty awesome, oh and your poem was very nice. You do seem to like to write and are pretty good at it, like you showed in your poem.
Post a Comment